tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 29 09:20:01 1994

-moH Ponderances

-moH makes an intransitive word transitive, yes?  The object becomes the
noun which is becoming the verb (ie. Say' 'oH, it is clean, becomes
'oH vISay' jIH, I cause it to be clean).

Does this prevent -moH from being used on transitive verbs?  If I wanted
to say, "I caused him to drop it", as it stands, I think I would have to
re-cast it as "'oH chagh ghaH 'e' vIqaSmoH", "I caused to happen that he
drops it".

What would be the implications of "chaghmoH"?  What would be the object,
the person dropping, or the object being dropped?  Where would the other
word go?  Or should I just shut up and get to class before I realize that
it says in the TKD that -moH can only go on intransitive words?

...Paul

Back to archive top level