tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 29 05:28:01 1994

Klingon alphabets and other materials

> Is there a Klingon alphabet/text font in use? I know this is a
> silly question since it's such an elementary matter, but the
> Klingon computer console on board Klingon Star Ship (the
> Predator?) in Star Trek IV looked so fantastic. Ever since
> I've been wishing to get a copy of the Klingon alphabet.
> Klingon dictionaries are not available here in Finland, it'll
> take quite some time to obtain one, so I would appreciate if
> somebody would tell me.

There are indeed typefaces available.  The KLI distributes a disk of
Klingon fonts, US$13 domestically and US$15 abroad.  Specify either
Macintosh or PC platforms and whether you prefer PostScript Type 1 or
True Type.  In case you're wondering, the profits from font sales are
used to cover printing and postage expenses.

There is also a metafont version of the Klingon pIqaD which is available
at no charge on our FTP site (FTP.KLI.ORG).

The KLI now makes available copies of "The Klingon Dictionary" as well as
the audio cassettes "Conversational Klingon" and "Power Klingon" to
individuals outside the United States.The cost of each of these items is
US$12.  This is approximately the retail price of these materials here in
the United States.  The KLI uses the discount it receives from the
publisher to pay for the shipping to foreign language enthusiasts.  We do
NOT make a profit on this, but instead are happy to do our part to spread
knowledge of Klingon.If you can, send a cheque or money order for $12 (in
United States funds) for each of the items you wish.  Make the cheque or
money order payable to the KLI. The book and/or tape(s) will be sent
AIRMAIL: PRINTED MATTER and typically takesabout two weeks to most
countries.  Send your order and payment to the address below.

Qapla'

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   :: The KLI is a nonprofit ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   :: tax exempt corporation ::
:: POB 634, Flourtown, PA 19031 USA :: DaH HuchlIj'e' ghonob  ::

Back to archive top level