tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 28 15:39:43 1994

Re: please pay some respect to lingual minorities

[stuff deleted]
> This gives me an impression that only these languages are
> allowed.

They are the ones which make sense: everyone here knows (at least)
a bit english. Everyone is interested in tlhingan-Hol.

> It would be a FAIR REQUEST to include an English translation

YES. But that's doubled work.

> [stuff deleted] Non-native English speakers
> like myself can't necessary follow all the hair-splitting
> argumentation on Klingon grammar.

Then ask. I think, the English here should be kept simple, because there
are several people on the list, to whom English is not the native language.

A suggestion how to deal with non-english/non-klingon languages: preceed the
subject with !CAR-SHORTCUT! (e.g. !D! german / !F! french / !NL! dutch).
But I still don't feel comfortable with the idea of lots of mails I can't
understand (IMHO).

Qapla'
	Volker

  Volker Tanger                  [email protected]
  Riedeselstr.64/166             voice phone: 06151/312672
  D-64283 Darmstadt              at work: 06151 / 16-5697,2402
  Germany                        fax: not available