tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 28 15:08:08 1994

Re: KLBC: Klingon alphabet (?)

> Is there a Klingon alphabet/text font in use? I know this is a

There is, it's called pIqaD, available from the KLI (see below)

> silly question since it's such an elementary matter, but the
> Klingon computer console on board Klingon Star Ship (the
> Predator?)

Bird Of Prey

> in Star Trek IV looked so fantastic. Ever since
> I've been wishing to get a copy of the Klingon alphabet.
> Klingon dictionaries are not available here in Finland,

They are available from the Klingon Language Institute at $12 plus
postage, as well as two instructional tapes, Conversational Klingon
 (for tourists, the first tape), and Power Klingon (the follow-up tape)

You can find out more about the KLI from Dr Lawrence M. Schoen, the
Director of the KLI at [email protected], or check the World-Wide-Web (if
you can) at /

> it'll
> take quite some time to obtain one, so I would appreciate if
> somebody would tell me.
>
> In that case I suppose there's a text editor available that
> displays Klingon as it should look like.
>
> Thanks.
>
> charghwI'    ('cheerio' in Klingon...?)

Actually, this means conqueror (chargh=conquer[verb], -wI'=one who does,
thing which does) - it's actually someone's name on the mailing list.

> Sami
>
> [email protected]

It's great to meet you, feel free to join in on the discussion

> PS. I'd be delighted to correspond with beginners (can't
> say OTHER beginners, because I haven't started yet.)

Use KBLC at the start of your Subject header, and you will be specially
dealt with by charghwI', the Beginner's Grammarian, a really nice chap
who will help you lots, and stop the serious linguists from disecting you.

PS charghwI', I hope that I'm not treading on your toes, here?
--
Niall Hosking

{qSeroHS veyn}

[email protected]

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level