tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 23 18:27:10 1994

Re: mughwI'

I definitely do not like ghunghach for program.  I also don't like
De'wI'He...

And I would argue against ghunpu'ghach -- Programs aren't written by
themselves, and definitely not without effort.  ghunta'ghach would be
better, though I'd find myself calling them "Kunta Kinte" before too
long.  I agree to some extent with the person that said we probably
don't need the word "program", because we could just describe it as for
what it does (mughwI', etc.).

But we should probably have a word to describe programs generically, a
word like "files", or "programs".  De''a', springs to mind, though Qu'De'
also comes to mind as a possibility (Either "big data", or "mission/task/
duy/quest/chore data".  Actually, the more I think about it, I like
Qu'De'...

...Paul

Back to archive top level