tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 21 20:31:06 1994

Re: Idea.

On Mon, 21 Nov 1994, Johnny Wayne Jr Rittimann wrote:

> When I was reading your post, I was thinking...What if charghwI' or mark
> posted some sort of reading material...(maybe a story or just complete
> rambling -- it doesn't matter)..then, perhaps a day or so later post the
> translation.  I suppose they could both be posted at the same time and
> the you could ignore the translation until you are ready for it.  But
> anyway, the reading material could enforce important words that are used
> frequently.

actually, that would probably be a really good idea... if charghwI' or
~mark or anyone else would be willing to take the time.  *shrug*  up to
them, i suppose....

> Whether anyone does this or not, I just want to say:
>
> tlhIngan Hol vIghItlh 'e' vImevQo'! qaqoy'!  reH jabbI'IDlIj muQaH.

well, not that its my place to correct you, but let me say a couple of
things here:

> tlhIngan Hol vIghItlh 'e' vImevQo'!

<-Qo'> is a suffix only used on imperatives; <-be'> is what you want
here.  <-be'> acts as the negation of most verbs, but it can't go on
imperatives; that's why we have <-Qo'>.  maj!

> reH jabbI'IDlIj muQaH

here, <jabbI'IDlIj> is your subject, and thus it should go *after* the
verb.  you've got the right pronominal prefix on the verb (<mu-> for
it-to-me); word order is your only mistake.  you should have
	<reH muQaH jabbI'IDlIj>
do you see how it works?  in english, word order is Subject-Verb-Object;
in tlhIngan Hol, its the other way around: Object-Verb-Subject.

tlhIngan Hol yIHaD
tugh Dayaj
Qapla'

> johnny

--naQ'avwI'

tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhchugh "[email protected]"Daq jabbI'IDmeylIj yIngeH
*&* Silauren, Half-Elven      *&* Jeremy  Greene *&*   There's only ONE god!
*&* [email protected]     *&*  Don't drop acid.  *&* He is the SUN god!!
*&* [email protected]       *&* Take it Pass/Fail. *&* Ra! Ra!! RA!!!
*&* "Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!" -Han Solo

Back to archive top level