tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 19 23:06:30 1994

Notes about the list.

Hiya folks. Yer friendly neighborhood machine owner here.

Seems we've been having a problem with the listprocessor software over
the last couple of days -- Every now and then, the listserver decides to
hang in the middle of message delivery.

What this means, in practical terms, is that the list may have short
"outages" until I discover the hung process and restart the listserver.
Worst case, you'll probably see about 12 hours without messages if the
thing hangs again. Think y'all can handle it?

I've contacted the author of the software, and I'm doing some debugging
on my own, so hopefully we can find some quick solution to get things
working 100%.

	[Don't kill me! It's not my fault!]

								-WW

Back to archive top level