tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 18 07:27:21 1994

Re: Sound Files

On Thu, 17 Nov 1994, Ken Kohlstedt wrote:
> From: Ken Kohlstedt <[email protected]>

> Klingon Language Institute on the WorldWide Net and found an area that,
> I presume, lets me download spoken Klingon letters.  The files all end
> with the extension ".au".  How are these files used?  I have a

okay, here's the deal with .au soundfiles.  (at least, this is the
general gist.:)  the format was developed for Sun systems to use (not
originally, but...).  but if you want to play them on your PC, you'll
want to download a program called "Goldwave".  i'm not sure what the .zip
file will be, exactly.  look for "gldwav20.zip".

this program *should* work with your soundcard.  if you can't find it
(check archie), e-mail me and i can Uuencode it and mail it to you.

> 				Thanks, Ken

--naQ'avwI'

*&* "Get in there, you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!" -Han Solo
*&* [email protected]     *&*  Don't drop acid.  *&* There's only ONE god!
*&* [email protected]       *&* Take it Pass/Fail. *&* He is the SUN god!
*&* Silauren, Half-Elven      *&* Jeremy  Greene *&*   RA! RA!! RA!!!

Back to archive top level