tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 09 14:31:53 1994

Re: Does this sentence make sense?

According to METEU, THE MIGHTY LLAMA:

> The reason I did'nt use "boghmoH" is because I didn't see it.  Do you think the
> sentence would be better if I did like
>
> puqmey boghmoH targhmey 'e' rur chIjtaHghachlIj

Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. This is a little confused.
It looks like, "Your navigation resembles that targs bear
puppies." I actually had a mental image closer to:

bIchIjDI' puqmey boghmoHlI'bogh targh'e' DaDa.

"When you navigate, you act like a targ having puppies."

Are you referring to a disorganized map? Then it might be:

puqmey boghmoHlI'bogh targh'e' bIng rur chIjtaHghachlIj.

Note that I am willingly violating the rule that says that in a
noun-noun construction (targh bIng) only the second noun can
carry the type 5 suffix. I do this because this rule was stated
BEFORE Krankor's addition later sanctified by Okrand to use the
{-'e'} suffix to indicate the head noun of a relative clause.
This combination of a relative clause with two potential heads
and a noun-noun possessive construction is useful and not all
that impossible to run into, as this example shows. I think
Okrand needs to step out and make this exception to his early
rule.

> 		Joe Schelin

charghwI'

Back to archive top level