tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 09 08:28:33 1994

RE: batlh'etlh/loosing fingers

>Regarding using the batlh'etlh and loosing fingers.

Yes I know, still off topic for this list (maybe I should write it in
tlhIgan Hol) but...

The betleH would be considered a medium to long range weapon in Chinese
martial arts.  There is actually a Kung Fu weapon that is similar to
the betleH.  Sure you could remove your opponents fingers but that's
not the same as removing your own just from handling a betleH.

The practical range of a weapon is, at least, partially dictated by the
opponents weapon.  If the opponent has a long range weapon then you
want to get inside of his weapon.  For an opponent with another betleH
this would be hard and fighting close in against another betleh would
be a good way to get cut purely by accident.

Sorry about the off topic discussion, hope it won't go on as long as
the "meter" thread.

Chet Braun

Back to archive top level