tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 08 22:19:37 1994

Re: pronouns and <-bogh>

>     I am a newbie to this list so I won't presume to comment on your
>     tlhIngan-Hol but as to the english phrase "A friend in need is a
>     friend in deed", I have seen it written with no space between the
>     words 'in' and 'deed' making the word 'indeed'.  This tends to mean
>     that a friend, who remains a friend when you desperately need one, is
>     a true friend.

Actually, either version is correct, a friend is either a friend via
his or her actions, as we all know actions speak louder than words, or a
true friend is just that a true friend.

And now for some Klingon:

My Klingon line name is Cheghjihtah, it is as near as I could come to "I
always return". Any comments on how bad my Klingon is?
Secondly, on this point, My line motto is Yin Qap'ej this is supposed to
say "Survive and Succeed". How badly did I mangle this one.
Any input is accepted, however, while I will change the latter, except for
case I will not change the line name, I like the look of it.

Survive and Succeed

Major Makin vestai-Cheghjihtah
Force Leader, Strike Force Morath
Commander, Assault Squadron