tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 07 14:48:49 1994

RE: KLBC: Does this sentence make sense?

Ok, let me try it again, how is this:

puqmey lIngtaH targhmey 'e' rar chIjtaHghachlIj

charghwI' replied...

>Meanwhile, in your sentence, it looks far more like a job for
>{rur} instead of {pImHa'}. What do YOU think?

Yes, that verb works much better, thank you.  I didn't realize that it existed.
Do you think that pImbe' would have worked better than pImHa'?

>> Is it possible (or useful) to use the suffex -moH on the
>> verb vemmoH or is it redundant?

>It is almost certainly not acceptable. In most instances, there
>are easy alternatives:

>SuvwI' yIvemmoH 'e' qara'.

What I meant is that it seems that vemmoH already has the sense that is
supposed to be given by -moH.  It might just be the way I read it.
Sorry if I mangled this reply. I had to do it by hand.

					Joe Schelin

Back to archive top level