tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 04 19:09:13 1994

KBLC:poem beginning

My poem starts out with past tense language, and I've had quite a time just
getting what I've gotten done.  This is probably really bad, but its an
attempt.  Here goes:

          qul

mInDu'lIjDaq meQpu' qul  (There once was a fire which burned in your eyes)
jIHvaD  		 (for me.)
Not a constant, blazing inferno (qul'a'na' ??)
But a brief, glimmering flame   (qulHomHey ??)
that told me without words how you felt ( ?? )

Doch narghpu' 'oH  	 (It was a thing that appeared)
in times of desire or passion     ( ?? )
which you would quickly suppress  ( ?? )
out of fear			  ( ?? )

That's all I could get so far, hope you'll let me know just how badly I'm doing
:)!

Qapla'

Matt

Back to archive top level