tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 15 09:18:19 1994

Klingon Seminar

A little note on the upcomming Klingon Language Seminar in Boise and , for
 that matter the Camp In Red Lake Falls.

I got some email from an esperantist in CA and they have a regualar yearly
camp that often gets by on attendants by the skin of its teeth.
They have had 40 and 50 people attend furing the last two years.  This is
good but with all the Esperantist out there you might think ther were more.
 And many of the E-ists are from the San Fransico area, so they have a large
base of people to get involved.

 If their Esperanto Summer camp were to be held in Boise or Red Lake Falls  I
dought they would have as big an attendance.   Also as for last years camp,
inspite of the increadable publicity it generated it didnt have more than 20
students over two week and was finacial bust for Glen and most of the
instructors.

The message is, for us Klingonist,  it may take some time to establish a
good, financially sound, working Klingon Camp.
Glen has a good start and the Boise Seminar is a good model of what should
work too.

Future Seminars might benefit  by being held in cities with large (huge)
populations of Klingon inthusiasts.

But will they our workshops prosper in 1994?

David Barron

Back to archive top level