tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 02 00:53:07 1994

Dotlh

=According to Nick NICHOLAS:
=> originally as high as 1 in 29). I'm using Dotlh for -ghach a lot now, eg.
=> happiness = Dotlh Quch.
=       How does that work? First glance looks like "status's
=forehead" or "forehead of the status. Otherwise, {Dotlh} looks
=like the object of {Quch}, which I think of as intransitive.

Oh, Quch is just the adjective "happy". You know, Dotlh Quch = happy status.
The whole thing is a noun phrase, it's not a verb plus noun (clause).
Sadness: Dotlh 'IQ. Humour; being funny: Dotlh tlhaQ, or laH tlhaQ. It's
a slightly liberal use of the adjectival verb , but much more succinct than
any tlhaQtaHghach I was using, and not much more complex syntactically.

'ach bImejDI', ratlh Dotlh 'IQ, 'ej loj Dotlh Quch.
But when you leave, sadness remains, and happiness is gone.

tugh choHbe'chugh DotlhwIj nong
If my passion does not change soon...

It's still not as "clean" as just using the verb as a clause, but it has
its uses...
--
Nick.

Back to archive top level