tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 27 21:12:43 1994

Re: KLBC: juHqo' (Hoghvam)

>(1) So someone *does* read my Sonnets! (But then, I already knew >Guido
does.
>You still owe me some commentary on them Sonnets, G#1!)

There's not much left to say. What I like most about them is that you can get
the rhythm and even the RHYME, for cryin' out loud! The problem that you or
anyone else would run into is that you have to do some big time recasting to
fit in the right number of syllables. In doing so, the original meaning is
shot clean out of the water. But you, sir, seem to find a a way to fit it all
back together into an equally poetic structure. I guess I have to admire a
skill like that in anyone because my poetic or musical abilities are... well,
don't ask!

>(2) I did say bov tuj (and bov bIr); I certainly agree with charghwI' (and
>trI'Qal, I suppose) that we don't have the licence to make such coinings;

What about your 'neologisms'. {bov tuj} is one of the more readily understood
of coinages. It's right up there with {bIQ Ha'DIbaH tIn}. What's wrong with
coining these?

>(3) On the other hand, how *else* would you say "summer"?

Yeah! See?!

>(4) I'm not unsubscribed quite yet; no need to talk of me as if I'm not
listening! :-)

Oh, I wasn't. It's just that taking an oath of silence on the Net is
equivalent to hiding. It just gives thew impression that you're gone. I try
to remember that. Notice I said "has good ideas," not "had," as if you'd
left.

>(5) Watch it, ghuy'Do, they'll think we're in cahoots ;) How do I get you to
>send me your protection money again? ;)

I see nothing wrong with it. But if a war would break out (unlikely!) I'd
declare myself neutral and keep connections with both sides.As for the
protection money, it's currently in a sealed bottle making it's way toward
your continent. You can pick it up in about another 18 months.

>(5a) I like smileys. Cope.

>Enough of this. Now can we get on with the work of establishing a Klingon
>stylistics?

>--
>Nick.

Schyeah! Klingon stylistics are not something we can establish. They evolve.
If you look closely, you'll see they're already evolving.

Guido#1, Leader of All Guidos

Back to archive top level