tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 16 04:04:38 1994

abstract "in" uses

I have a question that I'm not sure about.

-Daq is a noun suffix that denotes a relative location (in the room, at
the store, etc).

I recently wanted to ask a friend, "When will you be able to speak to me
in Klingon?"

I wasn't seriously considering "properness", so I simply said "ghorgh jIHDaq
tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh'a'"  (In retrospect, I'm not even really sure I put
ghorgh in the right place; I did it off-the-cuff).

But then I thought maybe I should have said "ghorgh tlhIngan HolDaq
chojatlh'a'", but this use of the "locative suffix" just didn't sound right...

Which is right (or, as I think, neither is, so what would be correct)?

...Paul

Qapla' Dachavjaj

Back to archive top level