tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 13 06:42:16 1994

KBTP -- standards

I've been working on a project here to produce a concordance
of the Vietnamese Bible, and have noodled with Bible translations
in a lot of languages over the years -- I have this really
amazing bookshelf in my office with Bibles or NT's in all of
the major (terran :-) scripts...

In the process of this Vietnamese project, I've spoken with
some folks at the United Bible Societies, and learned that there
are format standards for Bible translations.  If the folks working
on the KBTP are interested, I could try to get permission to post
the documentation and TeX macro set -- or make it available for
ftp or something.  Is there enough interest in having using these
to be worth the effort of getting permission, etc?
 Scott Deerwester            |   The Hong Kong University of
 Internet: [email protected]   |     Science and Technology
 Phone:    (852) 358-6985    |  Department of Computer Science