tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 11 00:43:10 1994

KLBC: Spring Break

Ready for a REALLY long one?

DaH poH'a' vIghajmo' jIghIQlaH 'ach jIneHqu'nISmo' jIghIQQo'
qaD 'oHpu' mughta'ghach'e'

Before the translations, I've a question for the grammarians...  This I'll
also do in Klingon (I spent the time, I'm gonna do it!  And you can't
stop me!  :)

neH "'ach jIneHqu'nISmo' jIghIQQo'" 'e' mu'tlhegh pImDaq vIjatlhlaHpu''a'
I'll translate this right off the bat...
Could I have said "'ach jIneHqu'nISmo' jIghiQQo'" in a separate sentence?
Is it possible/how would I create a "But..." sentence?

Well, if you don't want the translations from above, don't read below
this line...

I've got time for a vacation now, but I have too much work to do, so I'm
not going on a vacation.
That translation was a challenge.

...Paul

Back to archive top level