tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 10 05:29:34 1994

Phone message

On Wed  9 Mar 94 20:05, Mark E. Shoulson writes:

> I, too, think "ghum" works really well in this case.  I suppose I
> could make some argument that a sound to a Klingon is either musical
> (QoQ), alarm (ghum), or speech (QIch), but I don't believe that either.
> For your particular sentence, though, I imagine a Klingon would say
> "nuq vIQoy jay'!?" using the usual avoidance of the English bias toward
> nouns when verbs will do the trick.  Still, it would be nice to have a
> general word for "sound", I expect.

This reminds me of the word for "light".  We have words for
"twilight", "moonlight" which are nouns, but no simple noun for
"light" as in what comes from a lamp. There is only the verb, "wov".
I see something of a pattern here.

Amy

[email protected]

Back to archive top level