tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 09 06:33:50 1994

Phone message

On Tue  8 Mar 94 22:48, Mark E. Shoulson writes:

>>if I were just writing it now.. but this was written some time
>>ago.  I guess "ghum" is OK, but a simple noun for "sound" would
>>be nice.

> Well, I didn't use it since it's a new word from the recent HolQeD,
> but there is QoQ, which is given as "musical sound". Make of it what
> you will.

Actually, I think I like "ghum" better, if it can also mean "sound
which alerts you (to do something)" and not just refer to an
emergency alarm sound.  I knew about "QoQ" but wouldn't have thought
of using it.  However, if a Klingon hears and unidentified sound, I
would still like to know how he would say "What was that
sound/noise?"

Amy

[email protected]

Back to archive top level