tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 08 20:32:08 1994

choyaj'a'?

All this discussion has been about expressing "How many of you
understand me?".  But my take on the *situation* is that, while
the teacher does want to know in a rough proportional way *how
many* of the students have understood him, the response he is
trying to elicit is for each student who has understood to raise
his or her hand (or give some comparable signal -- in a Klingon
classroom it might be very different!).  So a *situational*
translation might be

     muyaj 'Iv?

-- marqem

                         Mark A. Mandel
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
  320 Nevada St. :  Newton, Mass. 02160, USA : [email protected]

P.S.: This document was dictated with DragonDictate v2.0, except
the Klingon words.  Net typing speed was 20 words per minute. 93%
of the words were recognized correctly.  4% were on the list of
alternate possibilities and were selectable with a single
command, 1% required me to spell at least one letter, and 1 was
new to DragonDictate.

Back to archive top level