tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 28 10:31:53 1994

Re: Invitation to a wedding

According to Kevin A. Geiselman, Knight Errant:

> My comrades and I, members all of the IKV Dark Justice (KAG), have been
> invited to attend a wedding.  I have only preliminary information but it
> is apparently a 'Trek' wedding, with Feddies in attendance.  The clincher,
> of course, is that it is on Saturday night.  Not much time to prepare.
>
> So, I will ask for a little bit of help.
>
> While "Long life and prosperity" might be an appropriate thing for a
> Feddie to say to the happy couple,...

Eeeeeeeew!

> ...a Klingon's congratulations wuold be
> somewhat different.  I haven't opened my TKD to start work, but the phrase
> "She is yours, you are hers, kill anyone who stands between you" sounds
> like a good start.

jojrajDaq Qamqangbogh qoH'e' boHoHtaHvIS Sutlhejchuqjaj.

"May you accompany each other while you kill the FOOL who
is willing to stand between you!"

> Or, perhaps a little less formal 'Mate until your
> blood screams (or untill she screams)."

... or until the neighbors scream...

Until... until... Hmmmm. Thought I had that one worked out.
Geee. "Stop mating when your blood screams!"? Hell, how about:

reH yIngaghchuqtaH!

"Always mate with each other (continuously)!"

How about:

batlh SuSuvjaj.

"May you fight honorably."

You might want to avoid {-chuq} on that one...

> Does anyone else have a few ideas?
>
> Many thanks, in advance, and I'll let everyone know how it goes.
>
> Kordite, Intelligence Officer, IKV Dark Justice, Klingon Assault Group

charghwI'

Back to archive top level