tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 22 03:54:14 1994

Re: lut wa'DIch

According to Matt Whiteacre:

> >vay' Huj largh Holtej. nISwI'Daj pep 'ej tu'meH targhDaj ngeH.
>
> Because of the smell his targh became very hungry.  It ran towards the
> forest to discover the source of the odor.
>
> larghDI' ghung targhDaj.  tu'meH ngemDaq qet targhDaj

Good. It seems like this would have been a good opportunity to
use {-choH}, as in {larghDI' ghungchoH targhDaj.} Otherwise the
link between these two verbs feels weak. Another option would
be to use {-mo'} on {largh}. Either saying, "As soon as he
smelled it, his targ became hungry," or "Because he smelled it,
his targ was hungry," seems stronger than saying, "As soon as
he smelled it, his targ was hungry." Past tense is all implied
by the time setting as a story.

Either way, my attempt at the next part of the story is:

qaS poH mach. pay' chuSqu'choH ngem. vIH Sormey 'ej 'Iw largh
Holtej. vaj tamchoHchu' Hoch.

> Do'val

charghwI'

Back to archive top level