tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 09 20:18:07 1994

Re: word for "guile"

Hu'tegh! nuq ja' David Barron jay'?

=BTW Q: how would you translate    Hol QeDwI' 'ong
=    A:  cunning linguist

oh, that old, old instance. What a shock I got at my barbecue (which went
well, btw, although I've been catching up on sleep ever since), when Karina
pondered what the opposite of 'cunning linguist' would be, and concluded
'humourless linguist'.

A linguist, namely, who hasn't got his tongue-in-chick often enough.

Hu'tegh!

Oh, and I was having a chat with Joe (Kar's boyfriend) t'other day, and I
said "that's the way the cookie crumbles" at one point. Whereupon he asked
me how I'd do that in Klingon. And I said you'd have to rephrase it to match
Klingon culture. Whereupon he proposed "that's the way the blood falls."

How about it? pummeH reH mIwvetlh pab 'Iw?

Nick.

Back to archive top level