tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 08 03:43:33 1994

Re: DaqDaq?

According to Heidi Wessman:

> On Thu, 7 Jul 1994, jatlh William H. Martin:
> > According to Bill Willmerdinger\:
> > > This is a case where I felt it better to ask.  I was concerned whether Qong
> Da
> > > was a complex noun, or a noun+locative suffix.  Now that I think about it,
> it
> > > is obviously the former, and also Qong is then a verb AND a noun.
> >
> > Sorry. You can't presume that yet. Until Okrand explicitly says
> > that Qong is both noun and verb, it is just a verb. Just
> > because he makes a new noun for "bed" and calls it {QongDaq}
> > does NOT mean that you can infer that {Qong} is a noun.
>
> Okrand tlhoblu'laH'a'?
>
> Why don't we just ASK him?

> chuQun

It seems that the man protects his privacy and lives a very
busy life. Lawrence Schoen has occasional contact with him, so
most of us try to wedge our questions in through him, but
progress has been remarkably slow. Waaaaay slow. Glacial.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level