tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 07 22:16:49 1994

re: Re: Age of ascension ritual

"William H. Martin" <[email protected]> Wrote:
| > (visit Trekmoo today via TELNET trekmoo.microserve.com 2499)
|
| I just tried to log on to that address. It asks for an ID and
| password. I tried GUEST for the ID and my Email address for the
| password and was not allowed in. That's how I'm accustomed to
| getting into things like this. Would you like to give me a few
| more instructions?

Thanks for proofing the text for the ritual for me.

I agree with you that Klingon looks best with one phrase per line.  This only
works when writing completely in tlhIngan though, but not when mixing tlhIngan
and federation standard.  As for it looking like a poem when written one line
per phrase, we can just say that thlIngan is a poetic language.

To login to TREKMOO don't forget to put the port number 2499 at the end of your
TELNET command line.   On a sun "TELNET TREKMOO.MICROSERVE.COM 2499" works ok.
With some other software there are different ways of handling the port number,
for example; my Windows based telnet can't accept port numbers at all while
other versions of telnet need a colon between the address and the port.

You shouldn't have to login via the conventional 'LOGIN:' prompt, instead you
will see the TREKMOO menu that will display the available login options.   Use
LOGIN GUEST to login for the first time.  Once you're in as guest use @REQUEST
<CHARACTER NAME> FOR <YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS> to request a character.  A password
will be E-mailed to the address you specified.  If all goes well, next time you
call TREKMOO just use CONNECT <CHARACTER> <PASSWORD>.

Good luck.

Back to archive top level