tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 07 05:12:28 1994

Re: DaqDaq?

According to Bill Willmerdinger\:
> This is a case where I felt it better to ask.  I was concerned whether QongDaq
> was a complex noun, or a noun+locative suffix.  Now that I think about it, it
> is obviously the former, and also Qong is then a verb AND a noun.

Sorry. You can't presume that yet. Until Okrand explicitly says
that Qong is both noun and verb, it is just a verb. Just
because he makes a new noun for "bed" and calls it {QongDaq}
does NOT mean that you can infer that {Qong} is a noun.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level