tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 05 09:44:32 1994

RE: Paramount commerical

I should hope the Klingon in the commercial is better than other such
offerings.  These people did it right!  They called the KLI.

You can thank the front page article from the Wall Street Journal.  The ad
agency in Chicago that was handling the King's Dominion account saw it and
gave me a call.  They had three lines to translate and needed it done
basically overnight.

I handled two of the lines (the easy ones) and got some help from ~mark on
the third.  Then I recorded myself pronouncing each one three times on an
audio cassette.  In the hopes of really improving the Klingon spoken by the
actors I also included both written and taped notes providing instruction and
commentary on all the sound differences and some hints on tongue position for
proper pronunciation.  This all went into a FedEx bag and was rocketed to
them the following morning.

I haven't seen the commercial yet.  I'm glad to hear it sounds good.  In
theory a tape is on its way to me soon.  Ideally, along with a cheque for the
service.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::
:: The Klingon Language Institute   ::