tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 04 21:55:09 1994

too... to...: my rendering

>From: "d'Armond Speers" <[email protected]>
>Date: Sat, 02 Jul 1994 09:48:54 -0400 (EDT)

>> From:	IN%"[email protected]"  "Klingon Language List" 30-JUN-
>1994 22:46:08.37
>> Subj:	too... to...: my rendering

>> Yeah, I keep forgetting to post this. After some thought, I would render
>> "too drunk to mate" as naghqangDI' chechqu'.
>>
>> Nick.

>This reminds me of the old joke, "the more I drink the better you
>look." It almost sounds like you're saying, "I am really drunk when
>I'm willing to mate with you."  I don't think there's going to be an
>easy way around "too," which seems to be an inherent comparative.

Yeah; I don't much like Nick's proposal here.  It looks like it means
something else.  I think, though, that there's a simple answer:

chechqu'mo' naghlaHbe'.

He can't mate because he's very drunk.  Sounds pretty much exactly what we
want.

>--Holtej

~mark

Back to archive top level