tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 04 20:55:17 1994

Re: DS9

According to [email protected]:

>  > "To boldly stay where no one has stayed before..."
>
>  > charghwI'
>
> Would that be...
>
> majaqvIS DaqDaq'e' ba'pa'bogh pagh maba'?
>
> Amy

Well, close. You can't use {-vIS} without {-taH} in front of
it. Also, I don't think {-pa'} really works here. Besides that
you can't use two type 9 suffixes on one verb, in this case, it
wouldn't make sense even if it were grammatically allowed. I
would probably choose {-ta'} instead. You can't doubly make
this a dependent clause. Also, I'd choose {ratlh} over {ba'}.

My guess is:

majaqtaHvIS DaqDaq'e' ratlhta'bogh pagh maratlh!

While we are bold, we remain at the place where nobody has
accomplished remaining!

Another try would be:

DaqDaq'e' ratlhta'bogh pagh maratlhmo' majaqqu'!

We are very bold because we remain where nobody has accomplished
remaining!

charghwI'

Back to archive top level