tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 28 02:14:25 1994

Re: Phonetic help?

On Jan 28,  2:37pm, Kent Altena wrote:
> Subject: Phonetic help?
>
>      Does anybody have any help for me on phonetics, or actually
pronouncing
> the words that hopefully I am beginning to learn.  Sort of a "hooked on
> Phonetics for Klingons?"  I'd appreciate any help on this matter?r?
>
> --
>                      Sincerely
>
>                       | /
>                       | \ent Altena

     There are two audio tapes by Okrand:

          Conversational Klingon for the Terran Tourist

                       Power Klingon

     Both should be available from most bookstores (special order them if
they are not on the shelf).

     Between the beginning of TKD and these two tapes, you will get all the
help anybody on this list has gotten to know how to pronounce anything in
Klingon, according to Okrand. Ignore the T.V. shows. In the movies, Kruge
(Christoper Lloyd) in ST3 is probably the best Klingon speaker so far.

     Then again, you COULD show up for either the week long seminar in Boise,
ID this July (where current plans are that I will be one of the instructors),
or one of the weeklong Klingon camping events in Red Falls, Minnesota, also
in July. Further details are currently being determined.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level