tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 30 21:07:49 1994

Phonetic help?

>From: Kent Altena <[email protected]>
>Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 15:31:55 -0600 (CST)

>Does anybody have any help for me on phonetics, or actually pronouncing
>the words that hopefully I am beginning to learn.  Sort of a "hooked on
>Phonetics for Klingons?"  I'd appreciate any help on this matter?r?

Well,the canonical source for pronunciation (not counting the written
descriptions) is the two tapes put out by Okrand: _Conversational Klingon_
and _Power Klingon_ (sorry, I don't have the ISBN's now), published by
Simon and Schuster.  Other than that, the best we can do is supply more
words and descriptions, or else upload sound-files to the ftp server, if
you have the right kind of machine (I have a .AU file of Okrand saying
"Qu'vatlh" around here...)

~mark

Back to archive top level