tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 28 00:23:09 1994

Re: Translation help!

        Reply to:   RE>>Translation help!

lu'... jIyaj...

Now doesn't it get confusing if I do something like:

He/she/it shows Maug the red star.

>From the marqoS example:

>	Hov Doq wIbav			We're orbiting the red star.

The translation of "He shows big Maug the red star" would be:

Hov Doq cha' Maug tIn

Right?  Now... if I'm trying to quickly understand written (let's not even
get into what happens if I *hear* this tidbit), how could I quickly figure
out which of the three "verbs" in this sentence is the actual verb?

Am I just being difficult, or what?

Qapla'!

-mat (on his journey of a thousand throats.. uhh.. steps!)

Back to archive top level