tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 04:17:14 1994

KLBC: All Permutations...

>From: [email protected] (Robert Baruch)
>Date: Thu, 24 Feb 94 16:19:51 EST

>| vIHchuq:  To move each other?
>| vIH'egh:  <doesn't work?>

>I'm not operating with my dictionary right now, I think -'egh is oneself?

>vIH'egh: to move oneself

>appears to work just fine.  Although possibly the I-me, you-you,
>it-it, and they-them prefixes applied to vIH do the same thing.

I know I already posted this, but it's an important point and mustn't be
trusted to a slow mailer.  "*vIH'egh" doesn't work.  "vIH" does *not* mean
to move something else, it means to be mobile.  Suggesting it as "to move
oneself" implies the transitive meaning of "move" in English, see how it
has an object in the English? (oneself)?  Remember, you can't just replace
the Klingon words English words and expect them to make sense.

>--Rob

~mark

Back to archive top level