tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 04:14:47 1994

Re: Klingon Insults

>>I have to say, that of all the things I've seen on here lately, the
>>discussion of Klingon Insults has brought me the most amusement and pleasure.
>> How better to get into the spirit of a language than to call one another
>>names?  Last summer, one of the first things I said to Krankor in Klingon was
>>"SoSlI' je," my attempt at "So's your mother!" spoken with all the derision
>>and scorn I could put into it.

>Awww... come on... that's *just* what the pejorative possessives are for!
>"SoSlIj je" would carry the scorn even if the intonation weren't strong
>enough.

Forget it, mark, you can't win.  We already had this argument back at
camp.  The results were inconclusive, though he won out by
perseverance.  {{:-)  Also by intonation:  If you hear the way he
says it, it really doesn't carry quite the amount of scorn I think
using -lIj would have.

                    --Krankor

Back to archive top level