tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 20:49:36 1994

Re: Klingon insults

ghItlh Marnen:
          *     *     *

Drujiv, mu'qaDmeylij viparHa'qu'bej! majQa'! 'ach maQochbej
marqem jiH je: \-moH\ ghajniSlaw' \HabchoHmoH\: <caused it to
*become* smooth (after a period of scraping it in the dirt>
Hechba' mu'vam.

          *     *     *
I figured there wasn't much effective difference between causing
it to BE smooth and causing it to BECOME smooth, in context.  If
you are making an object, then you can cause it to be smooth from
the start, without its ever having been non-smooth in its
existence.  But since people start out with foreheads before they
have the option of rubbing them in the dirt, and especially since
Klingons' foreheads start out as non-smooth, I felt that choH was
redundant, and that a Klingon would therefore omit it.

-- marqem

                         Mark A. Mandel
    Dragon Systems, Inc. : speech recognition : +1 617 965-5200
  320 Nevada St. :  Newton, Mass. 02160, USA : [email protected]

P.S.: This document was dictated with DragonDictate v2.0.

Back to archive top level