tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 13:20:39 1994

Re: nuqneH

jatlh [email protected]:
:
:
: nuqneH! I just discovered the Klingon language list.  I purchased
: my copy of the Klingon Dictionary only a few days ago, and am
: trying to learn the language.  I translated the "Barney Song"
: into Klingon recently.... My syntax was a little bit questionable,
: however.  Tonight I tried to translate parts of the Rocky Horror
: Picture Show into Klingon.  I still need a LOT of work on my syntax,
: but Rocky Horror looks as if it might work well in Klingon. :-)
nuqneH, and great to see another tlhingan Hol jatlhwi'! I like the idea of
>nagh ghijghach cha'ghach<!

:
: I could find no word for purpose or meaning.  Is it a case that
: such concepts do not exist in Klingon, or is it merely that
: they haven't made it in the dictionary.
:
: Here is a line:  yIt yuQ qab yIH pang Human Segh.
:                  (walking on planet face, some tribbles
:                   named the human race.  Ok, I might not have used
:                   the right suffixes.  I do know I forgot to
:                   use the plural on Tribbles, but I can't go back up.)
yuQ ghorDaq yittaH Human Segh luponglu'bogh yiH'e'. (Dont worry about the
plurals, they aren't obligatory in Klingon.)

:
:                  Sovbe' PoH
:                  (not known in time)
PoHDaq luchillu'pu'. (see below)

:                  Sovbe' logh
:                  (not known in space)
:                  'ej batlh
:                  (and honor)
loghDaq Hech[ghach]Daq luchillu'pu'.
:
: Since I could not find a word for meaning, I used honor.
: I used not known because I could not find a word for lost.
Try >chil<.

: Again, my Klingon is awful, but I am trying to learn.
: Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.
:
majQa'! biniDtaHchugh, nom biQaQqu'choHmoHbej!

: Rob Lent, aka Antiwolf, offender of Truth, Justice and the
: American Way!
:
: SoH bang jIH
: jIH bang SoH
Hate to rain on your parade, but bang isn't a verb...otherwise, I like it!
Try >bangwi' SoHtaH, bangli' jiHtaH<.

Qapla' Qichqemwi'vo'.