tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 14 13:03:37 1994

nuqneH

nuqneH! I just discovered the Klingon language list.  I purchased
my copy of the Klingon Dictionary only a few days ago, and am
trying to learn the language.  I translated the "Barney Song"
into Klingon recently.... My syntax was a little bit questionable,
however.  Tonight I tried to translate parts of the Rocky Horror
Picture Show into Klingon.  I still need a LOT of work on my syntax,
but Rocky Horror looks as if it might work well in Klingon. :-)

I could find no word for purpose or meaning.  Is it a case that
such concepts do not exist in Klingon, or is it merely that
they haven't made it in the dictionary.

Here is a line:  yIt yuQ qab yIH pang Human Segh.
                 (walking on planet face, some tribbles
                  named the human race.  Ok, I might not have used
                  the right suffixes.  I do know I forgot to
                  use the plural on Tribbles, but I can't go back up.)

                 Sovbe' PoH
                 (not known in time)
                 Sovbe' logh
                 (not known in space)
                 'ej batlh
                 (and honor)

Since I could not find a word for meaning, I used honor.
I used not known because I could not find a word for lost.
Again, my Klingon is awful, but I am trying to learn.
Any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Rob Lent, aka Antiwolf, offender of Truth, Justice and the
American Way!

SoH bang jIH
jIH bang SoH

Back to archive top level