tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 11 07:25:08 1994

Re: HIlaD!

muyajchu'meH Hoch'e', tera'ngan Hol vIjatlhnISmo' jIquv'eghnISmoHlaw':

	Um...... er...... wow.  Yeah... wow.
	When I first wrote my little message, I had NO intention of anyone
really taking it THAT seriously.  Yes, I was hoping people would get a bit
ticked off at me... just enough to respond -- and perhaps even see what I
meant about some of the messages going through here.  I certainly never
considered anyone in *specific* an offender; I hoped they had the honour to
sit back, and look at what they were talking about, and realize just how off-
topic some of their stuff was.  I also confess I miss just seeing people
*talk* on the list.  You cannot really get to know a person through how they
translate another's works.  Yes, this isn't exactly the social hour, either,
and I am not saying any of that stuff isn't worthwile (because it IS
worthwhile), it's just that I tend to translate "conversational" things first.
Even if they are four pages long. {{;)  Because when you translate your OWN
words, you have a LOT more flexibility, and tend to speak MUCH more clearly.
I tend to get headachs trying to re-translate things like songs/speeches, etc
(again, no offense to those who are trying!).

	However, for the record, I never intended to drive nIchyon away
either... when I started.  However, he can now consider himself one of the few
(un?)lucky people who I am willing to call jaghwI'.  Some things are uncalled
for, and I think that his post was certainly in that realm.

	As for the <veQ jabbI'IDmey> which promted my original message, yes,
they sem to have (thankfully!) mostly gone bye-bye... and I am pleased to see
several conversations floating about which HoD Qanqoroy quv jabbI'ID prevented
me from translating just yet... but I am looking forward to them!  majQa',
"David Barron!"

	Anyway, to get to my point (sorry I am rambling... it has been a
loooooong day... {{:( ), I felt I owed all of you some sort of apology for
precipiating that... mess.  So this it it.  I think.  I will stop dishonouring
myself now...

			--HoD trI'Qal

Back to archive top level