tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 08 22:53:05 1994

Re: HIlaD!

The problem with composing a huge 300 line flame against Krankor is that it
does give you enough time to count from 1 to 100. As there would be little
point served posting it, I won't. (Make of that what you will). We obviously
do not see eye to eye on what this list is about, and I guess some people
just aren't meant to get along; well, tant pis pour moi. It's a deliciously
novel experience to be named a "jagh" in public; I suppose one lives and
learns.

In any case, I have been neglecting my thesis and programming work (and
Lojban!) for matters Klingonic, and since I was planning on taking a
sabbatical from here as soon as I'd finished my HolQeD article on relative
clauses anyway, I may as well announce it. I won't be posting here for at
least the next month. Krankor is back in force ;) --- I'm sure he and Mark
can take on those duties of theirs I've usurped ;). I won't be unsubscribing
(I've got a couple of HolQeD articles to milk out of you people's usage yet!),
but... well, if my ego's been running rampant here, then perhaps I should try
proving to myself that you all can get on pretty well without me. ;)

Kevin and Sarah: I'll be in touch when I do the work I still owe you; if
you send me work to look over, I'll be glad to.

It's been a fun and rather explosive three months, colleagues; I learnt
a lot of Klingon here, and if I've achieved anything (yeah, I do think I
did ;) ), it wouldn't have been possible without you all. I wish you
continued success with your endeavours and enjoyment with our language,
and I look forward to rejoining you... well, Samuvqa'DI'.

Qapla', SuvwI'pu' quv!

***
  Nick Nicholas. Melbourne University, Australia.    [email protected]
                                    ---
"Some of the English might say that the Irish orthography is very Irish.
Personally, I have a lot of respect for a people who can create something so
grotesque."
-- Andrew Rosta <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level