tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 04 06:41:33 1994

Re: HolQeD words

>Is the list of canonical words (besides the veS QonoS
> words) introduced in HolQeD short enough to be easily
> given here? If so, would some kind soul please do so
> for those of us who haven't yet subscribed?

Well, I suppose it probably IS short enough (and of course I do have it on
disk), but that's not the point.  The point is that a lot of very hard
working people have helped to make HolQeD an impressive publication, by
writing articles and letters.  Marc Okrand reads HolQeD, and I believe it's
because of the quality of the journal that he's been willing to be so helpful
and accessible.

So, when I say you should scrape together a few bucks (okay, it's $15 in the
U.S., $18 in Canada, and $21 elsewhere) for an annual membership don't jump
all over me about being mercenary.  Right now I find I'm spending an average
of 20 hours a week doing KLI related stuff!  That's right, TWENTY HOURS, EACH
WEEK!  And I don't get a dime.  The people who write articles don't get a
dime.  The only person making money on HolQeD is my printer, and he gives me
a pretty good price so he's not making much either.

Oh, and by the way, backissues of HolQeD are also available, $4 per copy ($5
outside the U.S.)

Sorry to take up your bandwidth.

Lawrence

:: Dr Lawrence M Schoen, Director   ::