tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 03 21:12:25 1994

Re: Rovers and more...

        Reply to:   RE>Rovers and more...

As ~mark was slapping mat around, he said:

>"bIHoH"??  That's certainly wrong.  That means "you kill (no subject)"  I
>presume you meant "jIHoH".  I think you're not fully understanding how

Yes!  Sorry!  I keep mixing my "jI-" and my "bI"... one of these days it
will gel...

So, ~mark, what you're saying is that in EVERY sentence, the verb MUST
have a prefix no matter what?  Am I groking this correctly... Then there
are the times when the prefix is "none", but it's still a prefix
(just a blank one).  jIlugh'a'?

In regards to multiple rovers... We only have a couple.  -Qo' HAS to come
last (unless followed by a Type 9 suffix).  -Ha' ALWAYS comes after
the verb.  That just leaves -be' and -qu'.  You're saying that -be' and -qu'
can occur multiple times in a verb string?

Qapla'!  (and thanks...)

-mat

Back to archive top level