tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 28 14:15:16 1994

Re: dochmey

According to Krenath:

> jatlh charghwI':
>  > loQ Qagh. //naw'// 'oH DIp'e'. wot 'oHbe'. ram. pagh vIjatlh 'e' vIwIv.
>
> "naw'" is listed in the english-to-tlhIngan side of the Klingon
> dictionary as
>      Access (n)          naw'
>  and in the tlhIngan-to-english side of the dictionary as
>      naw'                Access (v)
>
>  so "naw'" is both a noun and a verb and should have been listed in
>  the dictionary as  Access(n), to access (V) on both sides.

Thank you. I actually had already made this notation in my
electronic copy of AKD, but that was apparently more recent
than my printed copy. Gee. Guess it is time to finally print up
a fresh copy so this doesn't continue to happen...

> In the future, I would be very pleased to see yet another release of
> Mr. Okrand's The Klingon Dictionary, complete with corrections to the
> miscellaneous typos, one-way translations, and the horrible font in the
> appendix which makes newbies spell tlhIngan words with Ls in place of the
> capital Is. (tlhlngan Hol vljatlhlaHbe')
>
>  - Krenath

charghwI'
--

 \___