tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 28 14:40:27 1994

Re: KLBC: Dochmey

According to Lisa Stapp:

> Dochmey napchugh vIjatlh
> mu'meylIj napchugh vaj vIyaj

You have to watch your word order. This should be:

napchugh Dochmey vaj vIjatlh.
napchugh mu'meylIj vaj vIyaj.

"Things" and "words" are subjects, not objects of the
conditional verbs.

> chay' *neices* *nephew* je vIjatlh

I would personally spell out their relationship to me better
than English does with these terms:

loDnI'wI' puq

or

be'nI'wI' puq

If you want to indicate gender, put {be'} or {loD} after {puq}.

This way, you express neice or nephew without making up new
words, and you are telling whether you are related by a brother
or sister; something that is left ambiguous in English.

> *Sesame Street* jabbI'IDmey bej puqpu'vetlh
> jabbI'IDmeyvetlh nap 'ach potlhqu'taH

Word order again. Should be:

nap jabbI'IDmeyvetlh 'ach potlhqu'taH.

> .. Multitasking: Make twice the mistakes in half the time.

po' bID Dalo'taHvIS cha'logh bIQaghlaH.

charghwI'
--

 \___