tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 15 06:41:33 1994

Re: Dear Kordite: A Klingon Advice Column

>Date: Thu, 15 Dec 1994 00:57:10 -0500
>Originator: [email protected]
>From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>

>On Tue, 13 Dec 1994, Heidi Wessman wrote:
>>
>> Thing is, I *know* what DaH HIHoH means.  I use it myself, whenever
>> anyone asks for a certain klingon phrase which doesn't exist, like,
>> "Hello," "I love you," and "Merry Christmas."
>>

>The phrase "I love you" does exist.   BangwII jiH    or   jiH bang SoE

>There was a thread on that a long time ago.   I personally go with the
>1st one, but my girlfriend likes the 2nd one.  Never been able to figure
>out who is *provably* right.

Neither, unless I can't read through the typos.  I mean, Klingon doesn't
have a lower-case i or captial E in its standard orthograpohy, so I can't
even read these.  The best "I love you" I can think of is "banwI' SoH",
which literally means "You are my beloved."  I suppose that's close to the
first alternative.  I can find no support for stuff r3esembling the second
one you gave.

~mark

Back to archive top level