tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 10 05:54:37 1994

Re: KLBC: Adverbials

According to R.B Franklin:

> Have you seen any canon examples that indicate whether you can negate
> adverbials?
>
> Could you say:
>
> ghaytanbe'	(unlikely)
> jaSbe'		(similarly)
> pe'vIlHa'	(gently)
>

> yoDtargh

While it would be enormously useful, no, there is no canon and
no grammatical justification for doing this. The only postTKD
note about adverbials that I can site is the Skybox use of
{motlh} as an adverbial. Hmm. I think I have the text to the
Skybox cards on the same UNIX box that I'm now dialing into for
Email, so I can't get to it. Drat. Better update my AKD, pronto.

Anyway, on one of the three Skybox trading cards that Okrand
apparently wrote, he uses {motlh} rather undeniably as the
adverb "usually". Other than that, I remember no news about
adverbs since TKD.

charghwI'
--

 \___