tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 10 09:44:43 1994

Re: KLBC: Adverbials

On Sat, 10 Dec 1994, William H. Martin wrote:

[Adverbial question deleted]

> While it would be enormously useful, no, there is no canon and
> no grammatical justification for doing this. The only postTKD
> note about adverbials that I can site is the Skybox use of
> {motlh} as an adverbial. Hmm. I think I have the text to the
> Skybox cards on the same UNIX box that I'm now dialing into for
> Email, so I can't get to it. Drat. Better update my AKD, pronto.
>
> Anyway, on one of the three Skybox trading cards that Okrand
> apparently wrote, he uses {motlh} rather undeniably as the
> adverb "usually". Other than that, I remember no news about
> adverbs since TKD.

You must be referring to SKybox trading card SP3, which says:
motlh ray' luSamlaHmeH De' Qatlh cha' tlhIngan Duj jIH'a'.  motlh pIm
'ejyo' Dujmey.

I agree, the text is obviously using {motlh} as an adverbial.

After a lengthy search, I have managed to locate four trading cards with
Klingon text written by Marc Okrand:

from the DS9, 1993 series:  card #99 - {Qu'}

from the TNG Episodes series, first season:
SP1 - {Qo'noS wo'}
SP2 - {SuvwI' taj}
SP3 - {tlhIngan wIy}

Does anyone know whether any other trading cards with Klingon text exist?

> charghwI'

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level