tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 07 14:05:50 1994

Newcomer to the list & language!

Hello all...

	Just thought I'd introduce myself...  I'm a newcomer to the
Klingon language and to this mailing list.  Just got the dictionary and
tapes last week and I'm hooked...  :)  (Which is not necessarily a good
thing as I've been studying more Klingon than French lately, and I have a
French exam on Friday...  :)

	Anyhow, the name is Mike Kelly, I'm 22 and go to the University of
Waterloo in Ontario, Canada where I'm in the General Science program.  I
was curious as to the postal language course offered by KLI - what does it
involve?  Should you be at a certain level of proficiency before you take
the course?

	And finally, I wrote the following in a message to someone today -
can someone tell me if it is at all correct?

tlhIngan Hol jIjatlh jIghojtaH.  Qatlh 'ach vItIvtaH.  chaq bIcheghDI'
qaghojmoH.  qech QaQ'a'.  bIcheghDI' vIlegh jIloSbe'.

	The suffixes aren't giving me too much trouble, but I think I
might be having a problem with sentence structure...

Qapla'

- Mike

And when he has conquered all of deep space, and all the mysteries of time,
still he will be beginning.  - H.G. Wells
Micheal "Colonel Austin" Kelly	 email:  [email protected]
Science-type at U of Waterloo	   WWW:  http://sciborg.uwaterloo.ca/~mkelly