tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 07 05:15:11 1994

Re: Warp drives (the next wodge)

[email protected] wrote:

>The idea: Stretch space behind the starship and squash space in front of it.
>[With the insertions, I've *tried* to maintain tlhIngan word order.....]
>
>As a result, space-time will push the starship along.
><As a result>, 'ejDo' yuv <space-time>.
>
>The words in slashes //...// are names inserted; the words in angle
>brackets <...> I have no idea how to translate.

I just saw a report on the tv this past week-end about this theory and they
pointed out that this method would render communications from the rear of
the ship to the front of the ship neigh on impossible due to the
acceleration differences betwixt the front and rear of the ship.

Can you send me the complete theory that you have (in tera'ngan please as I
do not yet speak tlhIngan). I am extreeeeeemly curious about this matter.
Thank You.

Steve Weaver                                   [email protected]
"It is as fatal as it is cowardly to blink facts because they are not to
our taste."        --- John Tyndall ---

Back to archive top level